Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Quest for a New Life!

My name is Quest. I traveled all the way from Wisconsin to Smiling Dog Farms. You can't really tell from this photo, but I have scars from puncture wounds on my head and face and neck and front legs from fighting. I used to live at a place where they made me fight with other dogs. I didn't like it, but I didn't have any choice!
.
I must not have been a good enough fighter, because one day they took me on a thick nylon lead to a wooded area and then tied me to a tree stump and just left me there to die! They didn't leave me any food or water... and it gets pretty cold in Wisconsin over night, too!
.
I didn't know what to do. I was afraid that if I got someone's attention, I might get sent back to the place where I had to fight other dogs. And I sure didn't want that.

But if no one noticed me, I would just die there.
.
I had lost a lot of weight and was down to just 48 lb when I finally decided I had no choice, so I started to bark and bark, as loud as I could.

Lucky for me, I got the attention of a really nice woman named Paula. She heard my barking and got me some help. I was taken to a place called the Humane Society where they took good care of me -- and they did not make me fight with other dogs there!

They told me that Paula was working to find some place for me to go where I could stay and would be safe. They said that with my background they would not be able to place me for adoption.

Paula got some of her friends to help her, and they were all looking for a safe place where I could go. But they weren't having any luck. The places they called either didn't have any room, or they didn't want to take a pit bull, or they did not want a dog who had been a fighting dog. It was always something. They were getting discouraged.

Then someone found Smiling Dog Farms. They contacted Ricky and Jay to see if I could come live at the farm... and Ricky and Jay said "yes"!

Paula and her friends found a great family-owned transport company that took me all the way from Wisconsin to Texas.

And now the same ladies are raising money to build a townhome and play yard, just for me.

I like it here at the farm. The temperatures a lot warmer than Wisconsin! And someone checks on me and makes sure I have food and fresh clean water every day. Best of all, I don't have to fight other dogs. Ricky and Jay told me I would never have to do that again! They said I might be able to be adopted, depending on how I get along with people and other dogs. But if I can't be adopted, they said I can live out the rest of my life right here in my own play yard and townhome!

They wrote a newspaper article about me, back in Wisconsin. You can read it by clicking on this link, http://www.beloitdailynews.com/articles/2010/12/15/news/local_news/news1505.txt

No comments: