Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Keep Watching for My New Family...


Hi. My name is Goliath. I guess if you look at me, you can see why!

I just feel lucky to be alive! I had completely run out of time at a small shelter. They said if no one would take me, they would have to euthanize me. Lots of rescues were contacted, but no one wanted me!
.
Because I was a pit bull. And because I was so big.

.
So the shelter director contacted Smiling Dog Farms to see if they would take me. And Ricky and Jay said, "yes"!
.
Boy, was I glad to see Jay when he came to get me! Even though I am a really big guy, and I weigh about 80 lb, I climbed right onto Jay's lap and rode all the way to the farm like that, while he was driving!
.
Ricky and Jay told me that I would get a chance to be adopted. But they said it is harder to place pit bulls -- even well behaved ones like me who dont have an aggressive bone in our bodies! They said I would have to be patient until it was my turn.
.
I wish that more rescues would become Adoption Partners with Smiling Dog Farms so that guys like me could have families of our own!
.
I think some people are afraid of me, because of my size. But I am as gentle as they come. I just want to snuggle close to you and be your best friend. I really try hard to be a good boy.


Recently, I met Cathie and Kathy, who came to visit the farm. They spent some time visiting with me and said they would try to help me find a family of my own.
.
Ricky and Jay say I would make a perfect companion dog.
.

If you know somebody who'd like a big guy to love them, please tell them about me. I am patiently waiting for my turn to have a family!

No comments: