Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saved... Just in the Nick of Time!

Whew! That was a close call!
.
I was totally out of time at BARC, Houston's Animal Shelter. Today -- Saturday -- was my last day. If someone did not come get me today, I would not have lived to see tomorrow!
.
Cindi, a volunteer at BARC, had been trying to find a rescue to get me out of the shelter.
.

A group called Pure Mutts Sanctuary agreed to take me into their program. But they needed me to be in "quarantine" somewhere for at least a week before they would be able to take me.
.
It was really frustrating to know I had a place to go... but I was still in danger!
.
So Cindi called Smiling Dog Farms to see if I could stay there for a week or ten days. And Ricky and Jay said "yes"! They said I am welcome to live at the farm until the other rescue is ready for me!
.
Jay jumped in the station wagon and raced up to BARC late this afternoon to get me. Juan from BARC had me all ready to go.
.
So now I am a guest at Smiling Dog Farms. And glad to be here! Considering the alternative! Yikes!

No comments: