Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dante Makes a Friend at the Farm!

Hi! My name is Dante! I used to live in Dallas. I really love my mom. That was my problem. I loved her so much, I could not stand it when she left to go to work or go to the store or anywhere! I would get so worried, I would start chewing at the drywall and anything I could get my mouth around. I was trying to find where she went, so I could go join her.
.
She tried all kinds of things to help me not be so fearful -- and destructive! But nothing ever seemed to work.
.
I guess you can see from my photo that I am an energetic guy. I love to run and play and stay active. So when my mom would be gone to work, I would just wreak havoc in her house.
.
And things didn't work out any better in the yard. I would dig and chew on the fence and find a way out. I don't know why I did those things. I just couldn't help myself!
.
Then my mom had her elderly parents come to live with her. They were nice enough, but they weren't my mom. So when she left, I was still as crazy and destructive. Only my mom was worried that I could accidentally hurt one of her elderly parents with my energy when she was gone.
.
Reluctantly, my mom decided I could not stay. But she wanted me to go someplace where I would be safe and would be happy. She called other rescues about finding me a new adoptive home, but none of them would take me.
.
Then she called Smiling Dog Farms to ask if I could come live there, and Ricky and Jay said "yes"!


My mom drove me down to the farm herself. She got to see my townhome and play yard. It was hard for both of us to say, "good bye". I didn't understand why I was staying and she was leaving.
.
But I liked my yard. And the townhouse with the ramp that goes to the upstairs loft is lots of fun. I run up and down and then back up again! My mom bought this place for me!
.
But the best part of coming to live on the farm is Annabeth! She is my new friend. We live in the same yard together. We play and nap in the sunshine together. I like Annabeth a lot.
.
I heard Ricky and Jay saying that Annabeth is a "shelter dog". She came from a shelter where she would have been euthanized, just because they needed the space for another dog. She came to the farm with no funding at all. But because my mom bought me this townhome and play yard, now Annabeth has a really nice place to live with me. And we both have a friend!

1 comment:

dallasmsl said...

Time to rewrite my will.