Friday, January 28, 2011

Doggie Packs on the Pounds!

My name is Doggie. I was named by Marie, a woman who rescued me and helped me find a place where I could stay until I find a family of my own!
.
My original family just abandoned me... they moved away and left me behind, like an old piece of furniture they didn't want any more. It hurt my heart that the family I had loved and been loyal to would just dump me and never look back.
.
A kind woman in the neighborhood tried to take care of me. I was placed in a fenced back yard. But I didn't fully understand where I was or why I had to stay there. So I kept digging and digging until I found just the right place to dig under that fence and get out!
.
Once I was out of that yard, I managed to elude everyone's efforts to catch me for over a month. I had to forage for food and find it where I could. And often I found none at all!
.
During this time, I really lost a lot of weight. When I finally allowed them to catch me, I was nothing but skin and bones. Marie kept looking for a rescue to take me in, but no one wanted me -- especially as skinny and forlorn as I looked back then!
.
Then she called Smiling Dog Farms to ask if they would take me in, because I had no where else to go. And Ricky and Jay said "yes"!
.
Since I arrived at the farm, I have really put on some weight. Jay said that he wished they had taken photos of me when I was really skinny and new here! Look at me now! You would never know what a scrawny guy I once was!
.
Ricky and Jay say that I am a candidate for adoption. They say I am really good natured and get along with other dogs. And I am really eager to please... I will try really hard to make my new family proud of me!

Jay said that anyone who might consider adopting me can contact them at Intake@smilingdogfarms.org and one of Smiling Dog Farms' Adoption Partners will get right back to them!

No comments: